GARTNER PERMISSION BASED MARKETING POLICY
Thank you for agreeing to participate. As a condition of your participation, you agree to comply to the following terms:
You ensure that the email addresses you provide to Gartner Digital Markets are:
- Individuals who have purchased a service or product from you in the last 2 years (by completing a business transaction with you, they have implicitly agreed to be contacted by you); or
- Individuals who have expressly registered through your website (by ticking a checkbox (not checked by default) on your signup or sales form); or
- Individuals who have completed offline forms and indicated they wanted to be emailed (eg: by filling in a competition or survey form where they specifically agree to receive email from you); or
- Individuals who have given you their business card and asked or otherwise agreed to receive email from; and
- Individuals who have expressly agreed that you may share their email addresses with third parties like Gartner Digital Markets that wish to solicit feedback about their purchase.
You further ensure that the email addresses you provide to Gartner Digital Markets are not:
- Lists or email addresses received from a third party, including without limitation any lists you bought or rented, or obtained from a partner or membership organization. (NOTE: Regardless of the alleged source of this list, you cannot email to those listed email addresses).
- Addresses you collected or “copy and pasted” from the Internet — even if they look like ideal customers for you, you can’t email someone just because you found their address on the internet.
- Addresses you haven’t emailed in the last 2 years. Even if you originally obtained their consent legitimately, if you haven’t sent something to that address in the last 2 years, you can’t start now.
- Addresses from employees of -or affiliated with- your company
- Addresses from employees, officers, directors, agents of Gartner, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families
- Addresses from government and public sector employees, or addresses from those whose company policies prohibit the acceptance of gifts in the context of business transactions (Note: you are welcome to set a non-incentivized campaign for users in this category)
- Reviewers who are individuals (or who are acting on behalf of individuals) (1) subject to, (2) residing in countries or (3) employed by organizations identified in any government sanctions watchlist, including but not limited to the US Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Specially Designated Nationals List or other sanctions lists.
Gartner Digital Markets ensures to adhere to the following guidelines:
- After receiving your contact list, Gartner Digital Markets will initiate an email campaign to solicit user reviews on your behalf. The emails will be sent from the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The campaign will consist of an initial email and follow-up emails sent to contacts who either do not open the initial email, or who open but do not complete your review form. If the user completes your review form, no further emails will be sent.
- Your users may opt out of receiving our emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. Unsubscribing will remove your contacts from our campaign, and will not impact your ability to send your own emails.
- We will ensure that your contact list is handled securely. While in possession of your contact list(s), we will take appropriate measures to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access and we will delete the list from our system upon completion of the campaign.
- You can request that we halt a campaign at any time.